Projects & Grants
20 March 2017: ASEASUK is offering bursaries to members to support research and impact activities in Southeast Asian Studies. The awards are available for travel and related expenses for activities taking place between 1 July 2017 to 31 July 2018.
Permissible activities include:
- fieldwork in SE Asia or key sites in the diaspora;
- research visits to important regional archives, museums, collections, exhibitions or performances (concerning but not necessarily located in SE Asia);
- a visit for collaborative writing or artistic practice with an academic or practitioner colleague from another institution in SE Asia;
- delivery of a paper at a regional academic conference;
- delivery of a paper to an academic or practitioner audience based on research previously conducted on/in the region.
- Three Postgraduate Bursaries (PhD, MPhil or MRes students), up to £1000 each
- One Early Career Award, up to £1500
- One Senior Award, up to £2500
Application deadline: 30 April 2017. Decisions will be made by ASEASUK's Research Committee by 31 May 2017. The awards are open to all paid-up members of ASEASUK, based in the UK or elsewhere.
Contact Dr Janet Cochrane (ASEASUK Secretary) for queries or application forms on email@example.com.
Project reports of ASEASUK-funded grants Read more
‘Islam, Trade & Politics across the Indian Ocean’ (‘the Ottoman Project’) Read more
Previous Grant Recipients
Read reports here by Christopher Davis and Amanda Rogers - they received ASEASUK grants in 2014.